Tuesday 22 July 2014

Project 1 - Conclusion

Hiya, 

After a little playing around and some sound adjusting I was finally able to finish the first try of the pattern, thanks to my mam and gran. 
After deliberation, we thought that size 10 would be a lot more appropriate. So beleive it or not, I was shopping for fabric. I was first going to go for some cheap material which was half price, but then I saw the beautiful pattern of this navy, purple and pink fabric and thought that £8 a metre was reasonable-ish. 

 
At first I was going to make the view with the long sleeve, but I realised I needed more material. I thought then the cap sleeve would be nice but when I tried, it didn't lie very nicely, probably because I hadn't followed the instructions closely enough :-O!!

But finally, here it is. My first independently constructed garment. Hope you don't mind, for privacy I hid my face. But you can tell what the top is like.  

 I globally like the way it looks apart from between the arm pit and shoulder blades where the material folds slightly. But then again I would probably be more forgiving with a shop bought garment anyway. 

So this top is about to become my favourite and I'm still wearing it now as it's confortable :-).  



What was your first hand-made garment? 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment